Skecher Boot

6"x4" oil on door skin panel To snobs like me, Skechers were fake boots. That is probably why it took me so long to finally come around and paint this one of mine. Why I purchased them in the first place is another mystery. The procurement took place decades ago when I had far more functioning brain cells than I do now and no offspring to distract me while making a purchasing decision, so blaming it on my youth or The Spawn seems a bit lame. So... Aliens took over my body! (Sorry, but it's all I got.) At the college I attended, there seemed to be an unwritten rule stating that the word "brown" was verboten. Anything even remotely brown was referred to as "warm gray." Whatever you call it, the base color of this boot is a playground for introducing color (Caveat: For a spaz like me). Below, please find the horrible easel shot of what I am currently working on. I will send you a better picture later. Charles Dickens' ghost will rise up and smite me, but I just had to do it. 10"x10" / oil / all knife work.

Posted April 9, 2015

sold • private collection los angeles, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!